Start date: December 2021
Contract type: Permanent
Full time 37 hours per week, Term Time only
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Callerton Academy and Great Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13.
We are looking to appoint a brilliant Support Assistant who is passionate, pro-active and innovative to join the Academy’s successful Learning Support department. The successful candidate should have experience of working in a learning environment and an appropriate level of Teaching Assistant qualification or experience for this level 4 role. They will support with learning and also with behaviour and attendance issues as appropriate. The post is ideal for someone who is focussed on student welfare and progress and keen to be an integral part of the many varied aspects of school life.
What we need:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent numeracy/literacy skills
- Someone with experience of working and providing support in a learning environment
- Attention to detail
- An effective team player
- A colleague who is excited about the prospect of being part of a support team, setting up new systems and problem solving to ensure the best possible environment and outcomes for all students.
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- Free use of an on-site gym
- A programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
The Gosforth Group are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com.
Completed application forms to be returned to the PA to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.