Start date: ASAP
Contract type: Permanent
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Callerton Academy and Great Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13.
We are looking to appoint two brilliant Heads of Year who are passionate, pro-active and innovative to join the Academy’s successful Pastoral team. The role provides pastoral support and care to students and families, while supporting with learning and managing student behaviour and attendance issues as appropriate. The post is ideal for someone who is focussed on student welfare and progress and keen to be an integral part of the many varied aspects of school life.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a passion for working with young people and supporting colleagues
- Can build strong professional relationships with students, parents and staff
- Is proactive in offering support and guidance
- Is able to work independently supervising pupils
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills
- Has excellent attention to detail
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- Free use of an on-site gym
- A programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
The Gosforth Group are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com.
Completed application forms to be returned to the PA to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is 9am on Monday 13th December