Start date: ASAP
Contract type: Permanent
Full time 37 hours per week, Term Time only
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Callerton Academy and Great Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13.
We are looking to appoint a brilliant Support Assistant who is passionate, pro-active and innovative to join the Academy’s successful Learning Support department. The successful candidate should have experience of working with young people and have the ability to effectively support with learning and also with behaviour and attendance issues as appropriate. The post is ideal for someone who is focussed on student welfare and progress and keen to be an integral part of the many varied aspects of school life.
What we need:
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good numeracy/literacy skills
- Someone with experience of working with young people
- Attention to detail and organisational skills
- An effective team player
- A colleague who is excited about the prospect of working closely with a support team to ensure the best possible environment and outcomes for all students
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- Free use of an on-site gym
- A programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
The Gosforth Group are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed application forms to be returned to the PA to the Principal at email@example.com.