Our ethos is central to everything that we do at our academy and all our students work on our R.I.C.H. curriculum, aimed at developing resilience, industry, curiosity and honour. Our aim is that all of our students will leave our academy as caring and creative thinkers capable of leading within their chosen field and their community.
Each individual is a valued member of the academy community. Students are given access to a wide range of learning opportunities in a huge variety of forms, both academic and vocational, to suit their interests and tailored needs. We have very high expectations of ourselves and our students and we strive to develop their talents and to help them to succeed.
- We believe that all of our students from all backgrounds and of all abilities should have access to:
- High quality teaching to enable every student to achieve their potential;
- Excellent pastoral care and support;
- An exciting curriculum that inspires a life-long love of learning, raising their aspirations and enabling them to achieve success;
- A wide range of extra-curricular activities that will engage, motivate and excite students;
- Strong partnerships with other schools, businesses and industry, post-16 providers and the local community.
Our exam results are improving rapidly and this summer we achieved strong results in the key measures:
- 75 % of students achieved 4+ in English
- 63 % of students achieved 4+ in Maths
- 52 % of students achieved 5+ in English
- 33 % of students achieved 5+ in Maths
This year, we have placed more resources into ensuring that Year 7 students have a fantastic start to their secondary education. They now follow a different timetable to the rest of the school, have lunch together with staff at a different time from older students and experience a different curriculum. There is a key focus on further building oracy and communication skills to help students to develop greater confidence in lessons.
A strong relationship between the student, academy and home has proved crucial to supporting students to achieve success. We encourage regular contact with parents, both formal and informal, throughout the year.
As well as our own academy, we have the benefit of working alongside Gosforth Academy and pooling our experience and resources. As an outstanding academy for over 10 years, Gosforth Academy is working extensively with us, as we drive up standards. The Executive Headteacher, Hugh Robinson, is dedicated to ensuring that we reach the same standards as our partner schools.
We are very proud of our academy and we hope these pages will show you why. If you would like to know more you are most welcome to contact us to arrange a tour.