Our ethos is central to everything that we do at our academy and all our students work on our R.I.C.H. curriculum, aimed at developing resilience, industry, curiosity and honour. Our aim is that all of our students will leave our academy as caring and creative thinkers capable of leading within their chosen field and their community.
Each individual is a valued member of the academy community. Students are given access to a wide range of learning opportunities in a huge variety of forms, both academic and vocational, to suit their interests and tailored needs. We have very high expectations of ourselves and our students and we strive to develop their talents and to help them to succeed.
We believe that all of our students from all backgrounds and of all abilities should have access to:
- High quality teaching to enable every student to achieve their potential;
- Excellent pastoral care and support;
- An exciting curriculum that inspires a life-long love of learning, raising their aspirations and enabling them to achieve success;
- A wide range of extra-curricular activities that will engage, motivate and excite students;
- Strong partnerships with other schools, businesses and industry, post-16 providers and the local community.
A strong relationship between the student, academy and home has proved crucial to supporting students to achieve success. We encourage regular contact with parents, both formal and informal, throughout the year.
As well as our own academy, we have the benefit of working alongside the other schools in the Gosforth Group and pooling our experience and resources.
We are very proud of our academy and we hope these pages will show you why. If you would like to know more you are most welcome to contact us to arrange a tour.