This section covers students who have difficulties with:
- Gross motor co-ordination.
- Fine motor co-ordination.
- Self-organisation for daily living.
- It includes conditions such as cerebral palsy, physical injury, dyspraxia.
What does North Gosforth Academy offer?
All of our students have access to:
- Quality First teaching with appropriate differentiation (including best SEN practice).
- School adheres to guidelines on physical access.
- Visual aids to support key vocabulary, concepts and themes.
- ICT is used to reduce barriers to learning where possible
- Access to homework support clubs
- Access to assessment for identification of significant needs.
- Dedicated and caring staff who value all students regardless of ability.
Support for students may include:
- Medical Care Plans.
- Handwriting /fine motor/keyboard skills training.
- Referral to the Public Health School Nurses
- Access to assistive technology or software
- Access to teaching assistant support.
Targeted individual support may include:
- Personalised support plans.
- 1:1 Outside Agency support from Advisory Teachers.
- Individual handwriting /fine motor/keyboard skills training.
- Specialist equipment and materials, such as low vision aids and enlarged adapted resources.
- Access to assistive technology and software
- Targeted TA support for complex medical needs, including practical support.
- Exam Access Arrangements.