At North Gosforth Academy we operate a cafeteria style service offering a full range of individually priced dishes, including healthy snacks, traditional meals, deli and salad bars, that are available every day.
Paying for School Meals
Payments for school meals are made through the SchoolCommsGateway App. See the attached support guide below and for any other questions please contact the school office.
Our school lunch offer includes
· Freshly prepared daily chef’s choice meal with a choice of fresh fruit or yoghurt.
· Meat-free Monday will offer students the chance to try some new plant- based dishes
· Deli sandwich bar offering sandwiches
· Pasta station with a range of pasta sauces
· A range of homemade biscuits and cakes
· Fresh fruit pots and a range of cold drinks
· A range of "non plastic" drinks
The school meal price is £2.60.
We are also delighted to offer a FREE Breakfast provision in school for our children.
The breakfast, that is provided by the National School Breakfast Programme runs from 8.00-8.30am each morning and includes bagels and a variety of cereals and fruit juices.
The National School Breakfast Programme is funded by the Department for Education and run by Family Action to support schools in England to provide children with a healthy breakfast at the start of the school day.
Family Action is committed to supporting child development, and believe a healthy school breakfast, without barrier or stigma, can set up children to succeed and give them the very best chance to learn.
Natasha’s Law came about after the tragic death of teenager Natasha Ednan-Laperouse, who died after suffering an allergic reaction to a Pret a Manger baguette. The government confirmed stronger laws would be implemented to protect those with allergies and give them greater confidence in the food they buy. The reforms cover labelling requirements for foods that are prepared and packed on the same premises from which they are sold.
North Tyneside Council catering services have always taken food allergies seriously and work with parents / carers and schools to ensure that any students requiring a medically prescribed diet are catered for safely. We have an extensive data base of product specifications and allergen content for all the ingredients we use.
Our unit managers have received full training on the new menu and Natasha’s Law. Refresher training will be carried out in September in preparation for the new law coming into effect on 1 October 2021.
Please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com should you require any further information.
Free School Meals
If you think you are eligible for free school meals applications can be taken over the telephone by calling (0191) 643 2288 or by completing a form on the following link: https://my.northtyneside.gov.uk/category/238/free-school-meals.
About free school meals
You are eligible for free school meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Pension Credit Guarantee
- Child Tax Credit without Working Tax Credit & an annual taxable income below £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit and an annual taxable income below £16,190