At North Gosforth Academy we operate a cafeteria style service offering a full range of individually priced dishes, including healthy snacks, traditional meals, deli and salad bars, that are available every day. Meals cost £2.20 for a two course lunch and break time snacks cost £1.00.
Paying for School Meals
JOINOS allows you to manage your child’s school meal account to pay for lunch and break time snacks. By using JOINOS you will be able to check meals taken, balances and make payments.
New to JOINOS
Please e-mail email@example.com to request a JOINOS code, quoting your child’s name, year and class.
Free School Meals
If you think you are eligible for free school meals applications can be taken over the telephone by calling (0191) 643 2288 or by completing a form on the following link: https://my.northtyneside.gov.uk/category/238/free-school-meals.
About free school meals
You are eligible for free school meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Pension Credit Guarantee
- Child Tax Credit without Working Tax Credit & an annual taxable income below £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit and an annual taxable income below £16,190