Start date: September 2021 or January 2022
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: MPS/UPS with TLR 1 payment (£8,291)
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13. Next year two new schools will open – Gosforth Great Park Academy [y5 to 11] and Callerton Academy [y7 to 11].
This is a wonderful opportunity for a dynamic, creative person to further develop a first class provision for students with SEND and lead a thriving team of colleagues.
We are looking to appoint a brilliant teacher who is passionate, pro-active and innovative. You will also need to be extremely versatile and keen to be an integral part of many and varied aspects of school life. The successful applicant will develop our learning support provision and cultivate a cohesive, highly efficient, support team. You will have a proven track record of effective planning for and teaching students with SEND in a mainstream setting.
Our Leader of Learning Support (SENCO) will be a consummate professional, practical and ‘hands-on’; able to enthuse and motivate colleagues and students alike.
The post is ideal for someone who places student welfare and progress at the centre of their everyday practice; is aspirational for all students; and is keen to progress and develop their career. It is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop as a leader within a successful and supportive multi academy trust, backed up by excellent resources and facilities.
What we need:
- An outstanding practitioner
- A passion for ensuring exceptional provision for all children with SEND
- A keen interest in and understanding of SEN and the role of the SENCO
- A flexible and creative approach to working with children with a range of special educational needs.
- The ability to develop, lead and inspire a team of staff
- A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for all our students
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals across the Trust
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- A programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities
- Free use of an on-site gym
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Applications to be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications:
9am on Monday 28th June 2021
Week commencing Monday 5th July 2021