Start date: September 2021
Contract type: Part Time (0.8)
(Week 1 Monday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday
Week 2 Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday)
Contract term: 1 year Fixed term
*due to a genuine occupational requirement this role is open to female candidates only*
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13. Next year two new schools will open – Gosforth Great Park Academy [y5 to 11] and Callerton Academy [y7 to 11].
We are seeking an enthusiastic, versatile and skilful female teacher of PE to join our effective and diverse PE teaching and learning team. You will be required to teach PE across key stages 3 and 4.
Physical Education is a popular subject in the school which enjoys a reputation for excellence in a range of sporting activities including significant success at regional and national levels. You will teach a wide range of activities within the PE curriculum. This post offers a superb opportunity for a teacher with excellent skills to develop further within an experienced and dynamic department.
What we need:
- An outstanding practitioner
- A passion for PE
- An ability to contribute to the teaching of a range of different activities
- An unstinting commitment to extra-curricular activities
- The ability to teach GCSE and NCFE level 2 health and fitness
- A proven track record of excellent achievement across key stages
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum.
- A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- Free use of an on-site gym
- A programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you hold the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed application forms to be returned to the PA to the Principal at email@example.com
Closing date is 9am on Tuesday 20th July 2021.