Start date: 1st September 2022
Contract term: Permanent
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of six schools (North Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Callerton Academy and Great Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13.
We are seeking an Attendance and Welfare Support Officer to join the support staff team at North Gosforth Academy. The post holder will work alongside the Senior Leadership Team and Pastoral staff to further develop and embed systems that will enable the school to improve attendance. You will work with parents, families, young people and the school to respond to absences and reduce levels of persistent absence.
Typical duties within this post will encompass working as a school attendance and welfare support officer, with a caseload of students where the major area of concern is absence from school. The role will include:
- Producing and interpreting statistical data relating to attendance patterns.
- Undertaking home visits, where absence has been identified, both with colleagues and on a lone basis.
- Working with parents and students to address issues.
- Contributing to multi-agency working with the school and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring the appropriate use of the Common Assessment Framework or other related systems.
- Contributing to the effective use of statutory measures and being involved in decisions regarding the use of such powers.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your data management skills, keen eye for detail and accuracy and play a key role in supporting our student’s academic and personal development. You will have gained experience in the above aspects of the role in another educational setting OR you will be skilled in the use of other data applications in a different setting and we be willing to learn quickly with support.
What we need:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- An effective team player.
- A colleague who is excited about the prospect of making a real difference to the attendance of the school, setting up systems and problem solving to ensure the best possible environment and outcomes for all students.
- Experience of working in this type of role for either a school or Local Authority (desirable).
- Someone with experience of working with young people.
- Someone who can demonstrate a good understanding of issues faced by students and families.
- A sympathetic understanding of broad needs of secondary aged students.
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals in school and across the MAT
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- A programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities
- Free use of an on-site gym
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed application forms to be returned to the PA to the Principal at email@example.com.
Closing date is 9am on Monday 4th July 2022.