Start date: September 2023
Contract term: Permanent
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Callerton Academy and Great Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13.
We are seeking an inspirational, dynamic and industrious Curriculum Leader of Computer Science, Business and Vocational subjects to join and lead a growing department in an exciting phase of the Academy’s development. We are looking for someone who will get involved in the further development of the subject areas and make a positive difference to the lives of our students.
This is a role that would be suited to an experienced teacher looking for a new challenge. Flexibility is crucial and the successful candidate will be a person who is versatile and willing to teach in other areas outside of their main specialism.
The successful applicant will inspire, motivate and lead their multi subject team. You will have a proven record of raising attainment and accelerating progress, whilst demonstrating effective teaching and learning at all times. As a Curriculum Leader you will be professional, pro-active, and enthuse and motivate colleagues and students. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to lead a growing department within a skilled and supportive environment, backed up by excellent resources and facilities.
What we need:
- An outstanding practitioner
- A proven track record of excellent achievement across all key stages
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum.
- The ability to lead, inspire and develop a team of staff
- A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- Free use of an on-site gym
- A programme of staff well-being activities
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
North Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com.
Completed application forms to be returned to the PA to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following the shortlisting process, where applicable, candidates who attend interview will be reimbursed reasonable expenses for travel and accommodation.
Closing date is 9am on Thursday 18th May 2023