Come to work in a thriving community. Gosforth Group Multi Academy Trust consists of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy). Two of our schools are rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted and collectively we are committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13. We are seeking an inspirational, dynamic and industrious Curriculum Leader of Science to join and lead a successful department in an exciting phase of the Academy’s development.
Required from January 2021, we are looking to appoint an outstanding teacher who is passionate, dynamic, proactive and innovative. You will have excellent subject knowledge and have taught across all key stages and Sciences, with experience of delivering outstanding outcomes in Science.
The successful applicant will inspire, motivate and lead our strong Science team. You will have a proven record of raising attainment and accelerating progress, whilst demonstrating effective teaching and learning at all times. Our Curriculum Leader for Science will be professional, pro-active, and enthuse and motivate colleagues and students. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to lead a large and successful department within a skilled and supportive environment, backed up by excellent resources and facilities.
What we need:
- An outstanding practitioner;
- A passion for Science and for teaching all facets of the Science curriculum;
- A proven track record of excellent achievement across all key stages;
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum.
- The ability to lead, inspire and develop a team of staff;
- A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities;
- Excellent communication and ICT skills;
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- Free use of an on-site gym
- A programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
North Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Completed application forms to be returned to the PA to the Principal at email@example.com.
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is 4pm on Wednesday 7th October 2020.